it’s easy for young minds to think that God’s love is based on their behavior. Use this story to completely erase that lie, and tell them that just like the father in the story never stopped loving his son, no matter how many bad decisions he made, God is just like that towards us.
When God looks at us, He doesn’t love us because of any good thing that we do, and he doesn’t love us less if we make a bad choice, He just loves us.
Materials & Equipment
- Colouring Tools
- Craft knife (adults only!)
- Colouring In
Please view entire PDF before printing and select correct pages to print.
or, purchase file here
- Colour in.
- Cut out all pieces.
- Adults, use a craft knife to cut along the dotted line.
- Fold both lines on the father. Glue the bottom flap together to strengthen it.
- Fold the dashed line on the scene backward.
- Insert the father into the slot.
- Help him run to meet his son!!
** HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PAPER from Amazon** which I use for ALL my crafts because it’s a bit thicker than ordinary printer paper and prints brilliantly!!!
** This is an affiliate link, which means if you make a purchase, I’ll receive a tiny portion of the sale (this does not increase the price for you!).