In times when children are experiencing anxiety like never before, rather than use the widow’s gift as a literal example, as though we should give ALL of our money, point your children to the love that she had for God. Point them to her faith that God would provide for all her needs. Point them to Jesus who noticed her gift, even though small, and that any gift from our children, no matter how small, will be noticed by our loving God too.
Materials & Equipment
- Colouring Tools
- Colouring In
or, puchase file here
- Choose the outline template or the colour version.
- Colour in if you chose the outlined version.
- Score all fold lines (this is important!)
- Cut out. Adults, use a craft knife to cut out the top slot.
- Crease all fold lines. For the “hinge” crease, between the lid and the box, fold it 3 times back and forth. (This will help the lid stay in place when you open and close it rather than orientating one way).
- Glue the tabs and stick to the corresponding panel – this should be pretty obvious.
- Use this craft to tell the story of the widow’s gift, and remind your children that God notices all their gifts to Him no matter how small.
** HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PAPER from Amazon** which I use for ALL my crafts because it’s a bit thicker than ordinary printer paper and prints brilliantly!!!
** This is an affiliate link, which means if you make a purchase, I’ll receive a tiny portion of the sale (this does not increase the price for you!).